When it comes to badminton racket brands, very few can match the likes of Yonex. Yonex rackets have always been the top choice of professional players from different parts of the world. It’s no surprise that casual players also love Yonex rackets. Tthe Yonex Arcsaber 11 is one of the most celebrated rackets currently on the market. If you are thinking of getting one for yourself, then this is the article you must read before making a decision whether or not to purchase it. Like every badminton racket on the market, it does not tick every single box, so you need to know if the advantages outweigh the disadvantages. I am going to explain exactly that.
If you want to know exactly what equipment is needed to play badminton then take a look at our list & recommendations of equipment for badminton.
Yonex Arcsaber 11 Badminton Racket Review
Overall Rating: 4 out of 5
Length: 675 mm
Frame: HM Graphite / Neo CS Carbon Nanotube / Sonic Metal
Shaft: HM Graphite
Weight: 3U Average 88g, 2U Average 93g
Recommended String Tension: 3U: 19-24 lbs, 2U: 20-25 lbs
Grip Size: G4 / G5
Country Made In: Japan
Arcsaber 11 Product Specifications
Some people consider the Yonex Arcsaber 11 an outdated racket. The point they try to make is, this particular racket is almost 7 years old and was discontinued once. It’s true that this racket is old, but that does not mean it is outdated. Think about this, why in the world would Yonex want to re-endorse a racket that they had discontinued before? It is because this racket can still pack a punch and is loved by so many badminton players across the world. It’s popularity with badminton players & the outcry when it was discontinued is why it was re-introduced. This makes a great positive statement for the Yonex Arcsaber 11, coming directly from badminton players themselves.
In terms of specifications, this racket is a great pick for those players who prefer even-head heavy racquets. The head is very slightly heavier than the grip, and very convenient for beginner to intermediate level players. The stiff shaft provides the additional balance a new player might look for.
In terms of length, I’d say the Yonex Arcsaber 11 is pretty standard. The grip is in the perfectly balanced range as well, neither too thin, nor too thick. You won’t find any major difficulties holding the racket after wrapping foregrips or overgrips onto the grip.
The frame is made of Neo CS Carbon Nanotube, HM Graphite, and Sonic Metal. You won’t have to worry about the durability of this racket once you buy it. If you take good care of it, it will serve you for years.
Compared to average badminton rackets the Yonex Arcsaber 11 has a larger sweet spot because of the slightly larger head size. Most strings will work just fine with this one, but it is preferred to have a string tensions of 2U 20-25 lbs or 3U 19-24 lbs for getting the maximum performance out of the Yonex Arcsaber 11. If you are an attacking player, strings with such specifications will help you perform at your best.
Pros and Cons
This is going to be a bit different from very brief and short pros and cons you see in regular product reviews on other websites. I would like to give a bit more detail, so that you can make an informed decision if you decide to purchase the Yonex Arcsaber 11 badminton racket.
- Probably the biggest advantage of this racket is that it’s very well balanced for players who started playing badminton as a sport recently. Such players are still trying to figure out what sort of playing style suits them, and need a racket that supports multiple playing styles. The Arcsaber 11 is simply perfect for that.
- The Yonex Arcsaber 11 comes with a longer than average shaft. In good hands, this racket can reach shots that seem almost impossible. Players who don’t have the height advantage on their side can choose this racket to help them with their reach disadvantages.
- While personally I am not a fan of stiff rackets, the fact that the Yonex Arcsaber 11 is a stiff racket does come with very significant advantages. Stiff rackets ensure that no energy is wasted for bending the racket, rather all of it goes into the shot.
- As I have mentioned earlier, the Yonex Arcsaber 11 is one of the most durable rackets you will find in this price range. This makes it a great long term investment in your badminton game. If you buy a couple of these rackets, you won’t have to buy new ones for years.
- The stiff structure of the racket comes with a caveat as well. It can be difficult for a few players to place their shots where they intend to when they start to use this racket for the initially. If you are already accustomed to using rackets that tend to bend while smashing, this racket might feel a bit uncomfortable to you at first. This can be overcome with time, but whether you are willing to accept a possible drop in performance when first using this racket is a personal decision.
- The Yonex Arcsaber 11 might not generate the same amount of power as some other rackets which have smaller heads. The large head gives a wider sweet spot, but the tension is spread out. The sweet spot generates comparatively less power than smaller-head rackets. You need to generate some power yourself.
Who Should Buy the Yonex Arcsaber 11
Now it comes down to the main question, is this racket right for you? It depends on a number of things which need to be considered. If you are a relatively new player or an intermediate player that doesn’t want too much flexibility from your racket, then you should choose the Yonex Arcsaber 11. It is one of the most easy to control badminton rackets on the market, and beginners to intermediate players will absolutely love it.
Though this racket is a great choice for beginner and intermediate level players, it does not mean that advanced players should not even consider the Arcsaber 11 as an option. There are plenty of advanced players out there who give more importance to control than power. If you are one of them, then there are very few better options than the Yonex Arcsaber 11 badminton racket. Players wanting good control over just pure power will absolutely love this racket.
So in a nutshell, the Yonex Arcsaber 11 Badminton Racket is a great choice for those who are relatively new to the sport of badminton & want to invest in a good quality badminton racquet which they can continue to use as they improve over time. I can however also categorically state that intermediate to advanced level badminton players who prefer control over power will truly love the Yonex Arcsaber 11 badminton racquet & should buy it without question.
Real Yonex Arcsaber 11 Product Reviews From Customers
It’s important to hear from those who have purchased the Yonex Arcsaber 11 themselves. Here are a couple of 5 star Amazon reviews to give you insights into what real people say about the Yonex Arcsaber 11:
“If you are an advanced player, you already know racket is not about much new it is, but should be chosen based on balance and purpose. I would say I’m an advanced player and have been training for while. And sometimes get to play with former professional players.
Having said that, this racket is still on my first choice of all Yonex rackets and I love it. I’m a doubles player and I cover net area more often than base line. Racquet is even balance so easy to cut fast return and control is amazing. Power is still enough to finish rally(it’s all about technic but still good).
I would like Yonex to continue this product line or even make similar racket but upgraded version of Arc11. If u r intermediate and advanced player, u should try this at least once then decide what to purchase. And people say this is easy to break? No way. That’s because u r using to much power when u r defensive style and swing too hard. That’s y it breaks when u crash with your partner.
Anyway, I strongly recommend this racquet.” Review by T.K. from the United States
“Very balanced racket excellent for my style of play where I am mostly defensive and go more for placements and only attack when in good position. This is. Extraordinary racket to return the powerful smashes with good control on placement of the return. I strongly recommend it.” Review by Sanjeev from the United States
The Yonex Arcsaber 11 is indeed a remarkable racket. Sure, you will find some cheaper options which will claim to give you the same benefits, but you should not fall for that. If you go for cheaper ones, you will have to compromise on durability for sure. As this racket is even used by professional players, you should not have any doubt about its quality. The Yonex Arcsaber 11 gives control and stability, if you are looking for a racket with these qualities, then buy the Yonex Arcsaber without hesitation.
Have you played badminton with the Yonex Arcsaber 11? How was your experience? Share with our readers in the comment section.