When it comes to badminton racket brands, very few can match the likes of Yonex. Yonex rackets have always been the top choice of professional players from different parts of the world. It’s no surprise that social badminton players also love Yonex rackets. Read our reviews of the top 10 Yonex Badminton rackets to find out what Yonex rackets have to offer.
The Yonex Arcsaber 11 is one of the most celebrated rackets currently on the market. If you are thinking of getting one for yourself, then this is the article you must read before making a decision whether or not to purchase it.
Some people consider the Yonex Arcsaber 11 an outdated racket. The point they try to make is, this particular racket is almost 7 years old and was discontinued once. It’s true that this racket has been around for a while, but that does not mean it is outdated. Think about this, why in the world would Yonex want to re-introduce a racket that they had discontinued before? It is because this racket can still pack a punch and is loved by so many badminton players across the world. It’s popularity with badminton players & the outcry when it was discontinued is why it was re-introduced. This makes a great positive statement for the Yonex Arcsaber 11, coming directly from badminton players themselves.
Like every badminton racket on the market, it does not tick every single box, so you need to know if the advantages outweigh the disadvantages. I am going to explain exactly that.
If you want to know exactly what equipment is needed to play badminton then take a look at our List & Recommendations of Equipment for Badminton.
Yonex Arcsaber 11 Badminton Racket Review
Overall Rating: 4 out of 5
Length: 675 mm
Frame: HM Graphite / Neo CS Carbon Nanotube / Sonic Metal
Shaft: HM Graphite
Weight: 3U Average 88g, 2U Average 93g
Recommended String Tension: 3U: 19-24 lbs, 2U: 20-25 lbs
Grip Size: G4 / G5
Country Made In: Japan
How Does The Yonex Arcsaber 11 Perform?
In terms of specifications, this racket is a great pick for those players who prefer even-head heavy racquets. When I tested the Yonex Arcsaber 11 I could feel that the head is very slightly heavier than the grip. This makes it a badminton racquet which is easy to play with for beginner to intermediate level players. The stiff shaft provides the additional balance a new player might look for.
In terms of length, the Yonex Arcsaber 11 is pretty standard. I found that the grip felt comfortable in my hand, not too thin or too thick so I was able to play my shots with ease.
The frame is made of Neo CS Carbon Nanotube, HM Graphite, and Sonic Metal. With this construction you won’t have to worry about the durability of this racket. If you look after it and store it correctly between use, it will last a long time.
When playing with the Yonex Arcsaber 11 I found that it has a larger sweet spot than the average beginner to intermediate badminton racket. This is because of the slightly larger head size.
Most strings will work just fine with this racket, but I would recommend string tensions of 2U 20-25 lbs or 3U 19-24 lbs to get the maximum performance out of the Yonex Arcsaber 11.
Pros and Cons
This is going to be a bit different from very brief and short pros and cons you see in regular product reviews on other websites. I would like to give a bit more detail, so that you can make an informed decision when deciding whether to purchase the Yonex Arcsaber 11 badminton racket or not.
- I found the biggest advantage of this racket is that it’s very well balanced. This is very good for beginner badminton players who started playing the sport recently. Novice players are still trying to figure out what sort of playing style suits them, and need a racket that supports multiple playing styles. The Arcsaber 11 is simply perfect for that.
- When playing with the Yonex Arcsaber 11 it was an advantage that it comes with a longer than average shaft. I found that I could reach shots that a shorter racket might have made impossible to play. If you’re a player who is not tall or does not have long arms to reach as far as you’d like, then the Arcsaber 11’s longer shaft will help your game.
- While I am not a big fan of stiff rackets, the fact that the Yonex Arcsaber 11 is a stiff racket does come with very significant advantages. Stiff rackets ensure that no energy is wasted from bending the racket, rather all of it goes into the shot. This can prove to be an advantage for novice players need to conserve energy whilst playing.
- As I have mentioned earlier, the Yonex Arcsaber 11 is one of the most durable rackets you will find in this price range. This makes it a great long term investment in your badminton game.
- The stiff structure of the racket can be a negative for some players. It can be difficult for some players to place their shots where they intend to when they first start to use this racket. If you are accustomed to using badminton rackets that tend to bend while smashing, this racket might take some getting used to at first. If you are one of those players, then it might take a few games to get used to the stiff frame, but if you’re patient it should be worth it.
- The Yonex Arcsaber 11 might not generate the same amount of power as some other rackets which have smaller heads. The large head gives a wider sweet spot, but the tension is spread out. The sweet spot generates comparatively less power than smaller-head rackets. You need to generate more power yourself.
Who Should Buy the Yonex Arcsaber 11?
Now it comes down to the main question, is this racket the right one for you? It depends on a number of things which you need to consider. If you are a relatively new player or an intermediate player that doesn’t want too much flexibility from your racket, then you should choose the Yonex Arcsaber 11. It is one of the easiest badminton racquets to control on the market, and beginners to intermediate players absolutely love it.
Though this racket is a great choice for beginner and intermediate level players, it does not mean that advanced players should not consider the Arcsaber 11 as an option. There are plenty of advanced players out there who give more importance to control than power. If you are one of them, then there are very few options that are better than the Yonex Arcsaber 11 badminton racket. Players wanting good control over just pure power will absolutely love this racket.
So in a nutshell, the Yonex Arcsaber 11 Badminton Racket is a great choice for those who are relatively new to the sport of badminton & want to invest in a good quality badminton racquet which they can continue to use as they improve over time. I can however also categorically state that intermediate to advanced level badminton players who prefer control over power will truly love the Yonex Arcsaber 11 badminton racquet & should buy it without question.
Real Yonex Arcsaber 11 Product Reviews From Customers
It’s important to hear from those who have purchased the Yonex Arcsaber 11 themselves. Here are a couple of 5 star Amazon reviews to give you insights into what real people say about the Yonex Arcsaber 11:
“If you are an advanced player, you already know racket is not about much new it is, but should be chosen based on balance and purpose. I would say I’m an advanced player and have been training for while. And sometimes get to play with former professional players.
Having said that, this racket is still on my first choice of all Yonex rackets and I love it. I’m a doubles player and I cover net area more often than base line. Racquet is even balance so easy to cut fast return and control is amazing. Power is still enough to finish rally(it’s all about technic but still good).
I would like Yonex to continue this product line or even make similar racket but upgraded version of Arc11. If u r intermediate and advanced player, u should try this at least once then decide what to purchase. And people say this is easy to break? No way. That’s because u r using to much power when u r defensive style and swing too hard. That’s y it breaks when u crash with your partner.
Anyway, I strongly recommend this racquet.” Review by T.K. from the United States
“Very balanced racket excellent for my style of play where I am mostly defensive and go more for placements and only attack when in good position. This is. Extraordinary racket to return the powerful smashes with good control on placement of the return. I strongly recommend it.” Review by Sanjeev from the United States
The Yonex Arcsaber 11 is indeed a good quality badminton racket. Sure, you will find some cheaper options which will claim to give you the same benefits, but after testing this racket I would categorically recommend it over those cheaper options. The Yonex Arcsaber 11 gives control and stability. If you are looking for a racket with these qualities, then the Yonex Arcsaber is the badminton racket for you.
Have you played badminton with the Yonex Arcsaber 11? How was your experience? Share with our readers in the comment section.